International Association of University Summer Sessions (IAUSS) is supported by top Chinese, American, and Canadian universities to jointly provide officially accredited undergraduate courses, which are administrated by each host university strictly in accordance with North American summer session programs. All summer session courses offered by IAUSS are taught in English by internationally renowned professors. Upon completion of the courses, students will obtain transcripts officially issued by the host universities, and transfer the credits back to their home universities.
The basic purposes and overall mission of the summer sessions offered by the members of the Association of University Summer Sessions are:
1. Innovating higher education in the era of globalization
2. Internationalization of Chinese Higher Education
3. Introducing Summer Sessions into Chinese Higher Education System
4. To provide pre-college programs which may serve to recruit students, serve as bridge programs for minority/disadvantaged youth, and/or continuing intellectual development
5. To encourage and support a variety of cultural and intellectual events on campus for students and staff as well as for the surrounding community
The officers of the Association include President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Recorder. The President, Vice-President, and Secretary are elected annually. The secretary being the representative of the institution where the Association will hold its next meeting, and the Recorder for the term of five years
The President of the Association appoints the members of Academic Committee. The members of academic committee shall be recommended by member universities and Chief Academic Officer of IAUSS.
For academic information:
office of International Association of University Summer Sessions